Transfer Arm (ATA)
Positech’s low-profile Transfer Arm (ATA) allows placement in areas too confined to accommodate larger material handling equipment. Specifically designed for minimum vertical travel and to fit limited-access work cells, this machine is well-suited for loading and unloading machining centers and for positioning assembly. Mounting options include pedestal, mobile/portable base, overhead fixed, or on trolleys.
*Includes payload and end-effector; increasing arm length reduces payload capacity. Lift capacity dependent upon arm length.
**Requires 90psi air to operate at rated lift capacity.
***Standard 110VAC at 20 amps.
Options available for extended lift and reach.
To download the Transfer Arm cut sheet, please click here.
- 5:1 design factor minimum on all structural components
- Pilot operated lock valve on lift cylinder and gripper cylinders prevents vertical arm movement and loss of payload if supply pressure is interrupted
- Gripper Safety Circuitry available. Prevents accidental release of unsupported parts
- Fits into work cells too small for larger material handling equipment
- Hydraulic and pneumatic models
- Push-button metering valve or balance controls lift/lower for ease of operation
- Hardened lift-section components for extended service life
- Standard reach and vertical travel can be modified to fit requirements
- Drag Brakes on 3 axes for personalized adjustment
- End of arm rotating axis has : up to 12,000 inch pounds of end of arm moment loading
- Mounting options include pedestal, portable base, and overhead fixed, or on trolleys
- Power/control unit remote mount for operation in explosive of clean room environments
- Pneumatic is designed to be operated with clean and dry air
- Precision bearing and thrust washers at joints for smooth motion and long life